Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spring!

Seriously y'all....is there anything better than Spring?  Those lovely sunny days, the smell of flowers blooming everywhere, the green tones of the grass and leaves.  Sure Autumn has it's good points too - particularly that first hint of coolness in the morning after a sweltering summer (which in Houston lasts until October anyway).  But give me spring flowers any time.  Wild flowers, cut flowers, I'm not particular.

Here are some blood oranges I used to make a fruit salad.  I had no idea they are so gorgeous inside.  It's like a sunset in an orange peel!  I swear I might frame images of the insides of blood oranges and put them on my walls they are so beautiful.
The fruit salad was tasty...sweet and sour with just a hint of coconut for a tasty surprise.

No comments: