Saturday, October 24, 2009

Poker night at Chez Burns

Tonight we're hosting some people over who want to learn how to play tournament Texas Hold 'Em. Should be fun and if nothing else there are plenty of eats and drinks on hand to distract the losers. Mike is in charge of the table which I think makes me the cocktail waitress? Work is going great - having a lot of fun with it mostly because its a total challenge and I have total free rein to do whatever seems necessary to get the job done. I wouldn't have been ready for this a few years ago, now I have just the right amount of gumption to run with it til I either get the job done, or they kick me out :-) Even working three days a week is a shock to the system after all this time off. I was pooped by Friday night. (come to think of it, taking the red eye back from HK Monday AM probably didn't help that). But now the full impact of Western Australia shopping hour regulations are hitting home. No mall or big box grocery store type shopping after 5-6PM on weekdays, and none on Sundays. Since I have standing plans Mon & Wed and Saturday mornings I'm going to have to figure out how to accomplish shopping. Not exactly the worst issue in the world to face, but never underestimate my talent for sloth!

No comments: