Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Packing...

Shopping is done and while I know there are Tim Tams in the US I'm not sure if there are caramel and dark chocolate so...I come bearing biscuits. And lollies. (The guy behind me in the check out line assured me I can buy them at WalMart in the states. I assured him I'd rather lug them from Perth than go to WalMart.) Plus other magnificent treasures. Sadly, in the end the budget didn't run to 5 pairs of pink UGG slippers for the slumber party in CA. Perhaps they'll have something equally fluffy to purchase at the transit lounge in Moscow? Scored 5 books for $16 which was such a deal I don't even care if they are much good - they just need to get me across the Pacific and can be left in random places if they aren't. Discovered yet again that buying presents for babies is too fun. Suitcase is open on the bed in the guest room and all that's left to do is to mutter some incantations summoning warmer weather in Houston. And decide how many sweaters to pack.

4 comments:

Toiling Ant said...

Try www.bookcrossing.com if you want to have some fun while leaving books in random places.

Lyn said...

Great site! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

You are uninvited if I don't get Uggs ;-)
Nancy

Anonymous said...

testing