Sunday, November 22, 2009

Work, dang it

They offered me a full time project manager role on Friday. I don't want to work full time. Part of me is tickled that they offered and the other part is 'why did they have to go and ruin a good thing". What I really want to do is put together their documentation on an ad hoc basis. Pay me and let me do it on my own schedule. On the other hand, working full time in project management will be great for the old resume when ever we get shipped back. Mike and I have talked it over and are about to come to the conclusion that it doesn't make sense for me to get consumed by job stress too. I like working three days but more than that is going to start impacting quality of life for both of us. We want to savor living in Perth and both of us being tied up in the daily slog is not savoring. Dang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Can you keep your part-time gig? Nancy