Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving!

It all turned out great despite my extended bout of homesickness in the weeks prior. We had a couple of folks over for dinner Thursday evening which was fun. The food was tasty (oooo asparagus casserole, why don't I make you more often?). The champagne was cold. And we were done by 9PM since it was a work night. Friday was work but I got to go on a lovely 4 hour sunset river cruise as part of work which was very fun (clients in town). Saturday we had another nice day, shopped early and got Mike a tux ordered, I dragged him to the pet store to oogle puppies too, read books, made cornbread, went to the beach for several hours, walked, and had tasty leftovers for dinner. Today, Sunday, I've been cooking up a storm for another Thanksgiving party this afternoon and even made hand print cut out construction paper turkeys :-) Should be a fun afternoon. However, I have discovered that cornbread dressing, even with fresh imported pecans, just doesn't taste right without poultry seasoning. But thats ok. So Happy Thanksgiving one and all! Its been lovely.

No comments: