Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Got that sorted

Got asked today to stay on part time till the end of Feb (or as long as I'm willing) doing project management and documentation. And more importantly, today they bought me the software I need to actually make my documentation good. Geek happiness! So I'm motivated and ready to keep going for the time being and I'm off from Dec 18 till Jan 5th to spend time with the kiddos. I'm sure a move like this requires passing through a number of set stages - excitement, anticipation, frustration, adjustment, homesickness, irritation, through to adjustment and acceptance. And I'm getting there. The fierce homesickness has passed, I'm eager to have the kids here to play with, the weather is cooperating (other than the bush fire smoke now and then), work is settled, and I'm firmly planning to head back to the states in 2.5 months. I told Mike the next couple of months work are for my shopping/plastic surgery fund :-)

2 comments:

Toiling Ant said...

Plastic surgery, are you NUTS?! At least I hope you're not planning to do anything to your beautiful face. :-)

Lyn said...

Well no, not really, because I'm a pain weenie. But I do like to pretend that I'm tough and willing to accept pain for beauty. I'm rapidly approaching the ripe old age of 50 after all...