Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

It is New Years Eve and we're ringing it in early compared to usual...I guess this year was really only 364.5 days long for us! We've had great fun having the kids here for the past two weeks and I'll update with details eventually, including photos but right now I'm going to admit to being a bit tired. Marlee and Blake are on their way to the airport with Mike as I type and Laura is stretched out on the couch watching a Bondi Rescue marathon (which we're both enjoying). I can't find any reference to fireworks here in Perth for midnight but it could happen. We've seen fireworks a few times and it's always a surprise...I start thinking "who is beating a drum" and when I finally walk out on the balcony to check, behold! Fireworks. Black eye peas are soaking overnight so we can ring in the New Year with some good luck. Happy New Year everyone, and Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments: