Thursday, September 24, 2009

So fun :-)

We went with friends down to Fremantle for dinner tonight. Ate at one of the local seafood joints and I know we'll be taking the kids there to visit when they arrive in Dec. One of the aquariums in the restaurant had the biggest cuttlefish I've ever seen alive. S/he was gorgeous and I was smitten. We all happily munched on fresh caught fish of one sort or another, but the highlight of the evening was the all male young Australian chorus. When we arrived they were all (12 or so) sitting at a table and suddenly broke into song - the national anthem I believe. It was lovely and everyone was looking around in surprise. Then they finished and ate their dinner. But later, after they'd eaten, they all got up at the front of the restaurant and sang two more songs for the patrons. Camptown Ladies, and Lollipop (Lollipop, lollipop, ooo lala lollipop). In three part harmony. It was hilarious and fabulous all at the same time. They were great, and so freaking cute in their matching shirts and jumpers. If I'd been 17 years old I would have been an instant groupie. There was a darling red head. Sigh. Kept wishing Marlee and Laura had been there to enjoy it with us :-) Off with a couple of girlfriends to the hills outside Perth again in the morning, and then Saturday Mike and I are off down south to Yallingup and Margaret River to enjoy the beaches, trees, wineries, venison farm, and other delights of the area. Its a three day weekend and Mike's ready for a break from work and I'm ready to get out of town. Can't wait!

No comments: