Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We are watching Monday Night Football

It came on at 8AM Tuesday our time so we recorded it this morning. And I, like a good sports fan, did not peek at the score so I could enjoy it with my dearly beloved this evening in a show of sports fan solidarity. He apparently did peek but is humoring me by sitting here fast-forwarding through the commercials for me while I surf the internet. He's a good guy :-) We enjoyed a lovely salad Nicoise this evening - I'd been craving one ever since my niece posted a recipe a few weeks ago. I varied the recipe according to what I could find so we had the potatoes, grape tomatoes, green beans, capers, red onion, and egg that she suggested but I also used sliced green olives, kidney beans, and a grated carrot. By the time I put it all together there was no room for the feta, artichoke hearts, or the avocado I'd kind of been craving all day. So we have spare goodies for later in the week. Spent today wandering the mall shopping for a hat and dress for the Melbourne Cup race on Nov 3. I'm committed to participate in what seems to be an alcohol soaked fashion show and gambling opportunity with a group of women who have been celebrating race day in style together for years. I'm slightly nervous about the whole thing...there is a Hummer-zine involved. And coordinating outfits and hats. Unlimited champagne. And stories of impropriety in years gone by. Including photos in the local paper. I will hide behind one of the taller ladies if I see so much as a glimmer of a camera anywhere near me. I mean it. Update: The dresses are purchased. Robbie and I are wearing identical lime green dresses with coordinating hot pink fascinators. We look like flappers and the ladies in the store, unprompted, assured us that we'll make the paper.

No comments: