Wednesday, September 9, 2009

You know how you sign up for AA or whatever just in case?

Just in case just happened. Went out to jump in the car to go buy a recharge for my cell phone and my car is dead. As in even the keyless entry buttons won't do anything. Batteries are like that. One minute happily shooting electricity, next minute its all over but the trip to the hazardous waste facility. BUT! I was brilliant and signed up for RAC - Royal Auto Club. Doesn't everything just sound way cooler if it has "Royal" as part of it's name? I think so. I was seduced by the name and the shiny yellow store front at the mall several months ago. So I whizzed back upstairs, rang them up, and voila! Someone will be around to make it all better within 60 minutes. I'm feeling all smart and proactive and smug about my purchase. Edited to add: The darling RAC employee who fixed my battery can come back and fix anything else he wants at any time. It was almost like getting a bonus for my savvy investment!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Lyn, I didn't realize Alcoholics Anonymous would come jump your battery ;)

Lyn said...

Bwahaha! And you know what? I actually THOUGHT about which was which before I typed that.