Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tea

We're still enduring winter and overcast gloom. We've got one pretty day on tap today and I'm heading to Kings Park to check out the flowers and take a long walk, but the gloom is predicted to descend again tomorrow and remain for another week. I am not cut out for this! One bright spot is tea. I've been sipping my two daily cuppas for years now. I'm a slave to habit - Earl Grey, steeped 4 minutes, one pack of Splenda, a dash of milk. Mike has learned how to make it and many mornings the tea fairy arrives at my bedside bearing hot restorative liquids....ahhh. But I'm branching out because the British influence means that in adddition to their excellent coffee, tea is also a highly prized beverage. There is a tea shop at our local mall that has about a gazillion varieties of loose leaf tea. No really. A gazillion. They'll make up any loose leaf mixture that you can imagine. It's an entire wall of drawers labeled with intriguing names like Buddhas Tears, Gunpowder Green, Monk Pear. You want caffeine, herbal, tisane, fruit tea? They've got it. My favorite is Liquorish Legs - digestive herbs with lumps of liquorish bark that give it a lovely subtle sweet flavour. I drink it plain as the sweetness is enough without any additions. It makes me happy. I'm also drinking a variety of lemon, chai, mint, chamomile, Darjeeling and whatever else catches my fancy as I wander through. It may take the duration of our stay to sample all the offerings: T2 Website

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprisingly we have a store like that at our mall too but I'm waiting for the gloom to descend before I hit it up. Nancy

Pat Burns said...

I hope this doesn't mean Mike is drinking Tea now. I know how much he loves his coffee.