Wednesday, July 15, 2009

If it's Wed it must be race day

Looks like the weather is holding enough for us to go out on the river to race today. Yay! The wind is blowing hard and we're in the boat without an engine again so it could be an adventure but I find that I can just sit back and relax while we're sailing despite exciting near misses and interesting weather. *update* No luck - the winds got up to 25-30 knots so the authorities canceled us today. Did get my yacht club membership application all signed by my sponsors though so good was still done. Last night I booked Mike and I into a boutique b&b spa in Yallingup for the long weekend in Sept and also booked us dinner at Leeuwin Estates for an elegant dinner. The plan is to arrive Saturday, get the lay of the land, enjoy an afternoon massage, and then the dinner. We'll stay till Monday and Sunday is completely unplanned at the moment. I can spend the next few weeks pestering friends to see what wineries we can't miss and hopefully the weather will be nice enough to enjoy a long walk on Smiths Beach. This will be our first overnight excursion together since we arrived :-)

No comments: