Monday, July 27, 2009

Walkies

There is a most excellent 6km/4 mile circuit that we can take for walkies just outside our door. The walking path runs next to the river and circles back over two bridges - Canning Bridge and the Mt. Henry Bridge. It's a well used path for families out for a stroll, bikers, runners, and people like us who feel some sort of obligation to at least SAY we exercised over the weekend. Yesterday I remembered to take my camera. It's the dead of winter so not many wild flowers to photograph but I'll try to remember to revisit in October in the spring time.
A paperbark tree - I love these and have to touch them every time I walk by.
Some boats moored in the river. One of them is named Zulu which makes me happy.
Big houses along the road A house I want. I have garden envy. Another house I want - also with the garden envy.
View from the walkway up to Mt Henry Bridge - the halfway point
Giant pelican - these guys are HUGE!

1 comment:

Rochelle Venckus said...

I don't blame you. I too would have garden envy...ahhhh. I like how you write it is peaceful and informative. I've been enjoying your photo essay of your experiences.