Sunday, August 23, 2009

Having fun despite the weather :-)

Deciding to ignore the overcast and drizzle, we had a very fun day yesterday wandering around the hills east of Perth. Just a 30 minute drive from the house, you head up the slope and feel a change in temperature and notice that everything looks just a little bit more lush and more like the cooler, greener east coast of the US than Texas. We had a fabulous lunch at a winery tucked into the hills and I promise to take anyone who comes to visit there since the food was fabulous and the sparkling wine delicious. Most of all I enjoyed seeing the first of the much vaunted Western Australia wild flowers in bloom. NOW I see what they mean - in about a month it should be spectacular. I'd been noticing things starting to bloom in the past several weeks but had no idea the variety of color that is about to spring forth. There were even daffodils in a few tucked away corners. Rather than keep writing, how about I just post (many) photos. I did compress them because there are so many so some of the detail is lost, but you'll get the idea!

No comments: