Thursday, August 13, 2009

Legal at last!

Mike's 457 visa was finally approved today which means I also am now officially able to work. They are very civilized in these matters here for spouses. Yay...I think. I'd been illegal since May 14. Which basically meant that they would have hassled me some if I'd left the country and tried to get back in. We pondered having a fishing boat lined up to drop me at midnight on a dark and stormy shore just in case. Which reminds me - those of you visiting Australia - you DO have to have a visa of some sort or another even as a tourist. This completes your public service announcement for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn illegals taking jobs!
Nancy

Lyn said...

I know. Next thing you know I'll be using roads and public services too. Incorrigible!