Thursday, August 13, 2009

Random stuff

I am a closet vegetarian. It occurred to me this afternoon that I have not eaten meat/fish/chicken since last Friday night. A week. This is a surprise. And wasn't intentional. Looks like I'm a vegetarian wannabe in my secret heart? Mike pretends he will eat vegetarian but we both know he doesn't mean it :-) With him out of town I've made a giant tub of coleslaw, had Indian vegetarian three times, prefab spinach cannelloni, a grilled cheese sandwich, yogurt, a bowl of breakfast cereal, apples, bananas, nuts, and (to my shame) potato chips. But no meat. Also perhaps I should face and conquer my utter laziness when not pressed to DO stuff. It's shameful. I did not leave the house even once Wednesday. I didn't do laundry, pay bills, or clean anything but lolled on the sofa and watched 3 movies - Oceans 13, Definitely Maybe, and My Family and Other Animals. I read my book and took a nice long hot soak in the tub. The world must not depend upon me for any great scientific or intellectual discovery...it would take awhile. To my credit I did take the squeegee for cleaning the balcony windows out of the closet today and admired it briefly. I'm sure I'll get to that eventually. Maybe. Lastly, when will I learn never to utter the words "Oh I can help" while amongst a group of women on committees? I innocently attended a luncheon today and came away committed to both help paint someones house over the weekend, and serve on a hospitality committee. Egads. I blame the guilt over my lazy Wednesday.

2 comments:

Faine said...

Was the movie of My Family and Other Animals any good??

And win on the Indian veg...I have a great recipe for Indian style roasted veg I need to put up on my internet blog.

Lyn said...

Eh - it was moderately charming but I wouldn't rush out to rent it. The characterizations were quite good and it was pleasant.

This great "pay what you can afford" veg Hindu restaurant that I went to last weekend even had lovely fresh chapatis which I never find and which I love way more than na'an.

I await your recipe!