Saturday, August 29, 2009

All quiet on the western front

Spent a nice quiet week. Nothing new on the job front as the COO of the company, while back from the states, had out of town business people around all week. Maybe next week, or even the following week we'll see where we stand. No worries - I'll enjoy working, and I'll enjoy not working. Played mahjong with my pals Monday, farewell dinner for a friend Tuesday, sailing Wed, business dinner Thursday, and absolutely nothing but cooking and watching a bit of TV with Mike last night. Did the 6.6km walk around the two bridges four mornings in a row now that my walking buddy is back in town. I do feel all noble about that. Got my official yacht club membership this week so I can actually park inside the gate and charge stuff at the bar. It's the little things. We sailed Bella this week and sadly, it turns out we'd done so well lately that they upped our handicap - significantly. We don't expect to bring any pennants home again any time soon. I'm officially in charge of the foredeck now which does provide some opportunity for adventure. Witness the slowly deepening bruises on various parts of my anatomy. After wrestling a cleat into submission my purple thumb is really lovely. I may decide to tuck my very own can of WD40 in my wind breaker!

No comments: